|ADVANCED STUDENTS (Levels 3 & Up)
When It's Due
Design instruction. Industry news. Life prep. Student artwork. Bad jokes. Cool music. Good times.
How To Print And Save For Web
- Select your paper size (Letter or Legal)
- Be sure the orientation is correct (Portrait or Landscape) and
check the SCALE TO FIT MEDIA box.
- Print to the Lexmark (Copy 2) printer
SAVE FOR WEB
- Open your work and do a COPY MERGED copy of it
- Create a new file and paste it.
- Go to IMAGE- IMAGE SIZE and change the resolution to 100dpi
- With your file open, go to FILE - SAVE FOR WEB & DEVICES
- In the upper right corner, select the JPEG option and make sure
it's HIGH QUALITY
- In the lower left corner, you'll see the file tag JPEG and a time in
seconds. It should be under 100 seconds.
- Choose SAVE and select your block folder.
Study guides for Photoshop and Illustrator certification
exams as well as codes to take the pre-tests can be
found by clicking on the text above.
Week 1 Aug 13th - 17th
Week 2 Aug 20th - 24th
Week 3 Aug 27th - 31st
Week 4 Sept 3rd - 7th
Week 5 Sept 10th - 14th
Week 6 Sept 17th - 21st
Week 7 Sept 24th - 28th
Week 8 Oct 1st - 5th
Week 9 Oct 8th - 12th
Week 10 Oct 15th - 19th
Week 11 Oct 22nd - 26th
Week 12 Oct 29th - Nov 2nd
Week 13 Nov 5th - 9th
Week 14 Nov 12th - 16th
Week 15 Nov 26th - Nov 30th
Week 16 Dec 3rd - 7th
Week 17 Dec 10th - 14th
Week 18 Dec 17th - 21st
Projects Fall 2017 - 2018
WIX.com is a simple web page creator that lets you look at thousands of
website templates and then save one and edit it. Remove their pictures, put in
yours. Remove their text, put in yours. Changing color schemes, etc.. The best
portfolio pages have a simple landing (or Splash) page, and then links to your
Some student examples can be found here. Design an online portfolio for
yourself. Include your artwork you've designed this semester, year or so far
during your time in class. Your name should figure prominently into the design.
Pages should include:
- Index Page - Examples Page - About You Page - Contact Page
*Pictures for upload must be saved JPEG, BMP, PNG or TIFF formats.
WIX WEB PORTFOLIO
GOALS & SCALES + STATE STANDARDS
|NEW STUDENTS (2nd Semester)
1. Clinic Cards Returned
1. Clinic Cards Returned
|LEARNING GOALS FOR THE WEEK
- Photoshop Basic & Tips
- Photo Retouching & Coloring
Digital Cameras, Transferring Files, Basic Photoshop Skills
01.05 Demonstrate a basic understanding of photo-editing / photo-manipulation programs.
04.06 Crop and scale artwork and/or photos for layouts
- Demonstrate graphic art computer skills using appropriate graphic art programs and hardware.
- Use software and hardware to manipulate and adjust various drawings, photos, and graphic material by computer.
- Produce finished computer projects that reflect current and/or emergent trends in graphic art technology.
- Operate various input devices for computer graphics, such as scanners and cameras.
- Demonstrate proficiency in vector and raster programs.
Determining Career Path, Determining Direction For Projects For The Semester
07.01 Identify and create a résumé, references, cover letter, and a thank you letter.
07.02 Identify common industry questions.
07.03 Identify potential career pathways.
07.04 Understand the importance of networking with other people in the profession.
07.05 Conduct a job search.
07.06 Develop a professional digital portfolio.
"Change, it turns out, will be the only consistent thing in your life. Learn to embrace it
rather than resist it."
- Mr. Juul
"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow isn't here yet. Today, be present in your own life.
Focus on the now."
- Mr. Juul
"When you become a part of the process, you're already a part of the solution"
- Mr. Juul
"Your own happiness depends solely upon you. Not your parents, your partner or your
friends. If you have little to no expectations of anyone in this department, you begin to
- Mr. Juul
"If you think good design is expensive, you should see how much bad design costs"
- Dr. Ralph Spethe - CEO of Jaguar Motors
"No one is considered dumb who asks questions. The people who don't ask questions
remain clueless throughout their whole lives"
- Neil Degrasse Tyson
"Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.”
- Leonardo da Vinci
"If you can't take 15 minutes out of your day to devote to your own health and mental
well-being... what are you really doing?"
- Mr. Juul
"What one man can do, another can do."
- Anthony Hopkins from 'The Edge'
"Don't always go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
"There are two educations. One should teach us how to make a living and the other
how to live."
- John Adams
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that
nothing that is worth knowing can be taught.
- Oscar Wilde
"All we have is now. All we've ever had is now."
- The Flaming Lips
"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more
important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.
- Albert Einstein
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
"An understanding of the natural world and what's in it is a source of not only a great
curiosity but great fulfillment."
- David Attenborough
"Our species needs, and deserves, a citizenry with minds wide awake and a basic
understanding of how the world works."
- Carl Sagan
“A man, whilst he is dreaming, believes in his dream; he is undeceived only when he
is awakened from his slumber.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
“Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.”
- Isaac Asimov
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
- Nelson Mandela
"The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step".
- Chinese Proverb
Food For Thought
2017 - 2018 *coming soon*
Monday Aug 20th
|Some highlights of the 2017 - 2018 year
- Student Josh Rampertab was offered an internship at The Go! Agency in Largo.
- Mr. Juul was selected as the 2017 - 2018 Career Academies of Seminole Instructor of the Year & also nominated as
2018 State of Florida Instructor of the Year.
- Upper level students worked on a logo design project for the City of Seminole 50th Anniversary Pow Wow. Student
Asher Reed's design won.
- Industry professionals Christopher Tompkins from the GO! Agency and coding instructor Gavin Stark stopped by to
speak with students about the design industry and job market. Chris offered internships to any interested students (if
they met the correct criteria.
- The final project for students was a co-teach project with Mrs. Kirk whereby our students will be branding the gaming
students final game projects. We create boxes, logos and the full design. We’ll also be creating a poster and a splash
web page for the game.
- Upper level student Josh Rampertab competed in Regional SkillsUSA Competition in the category of Job Skill demo,
where he demonstrated the design process and skills learned on his own and in class. He won first place ion
Regional Competition and took 5th in State Competition..
- Commercial Arts class began a partnership with PTEC.
- 13 students received industry certifications
- The class had seven, three-year course completers and one four-year completer.
Who I Am Project
*coming soon* Bad Family Portrait Project
Dates To Remember